Thursday, January 25, 2007

Settling in...

My flights from New York to Dubai than Dubai to Sydney were great. I would definitely go that way around with emirates again. It felt much shorter than Air Canada. One of the best parts was the lighting. Now I know I have told a number of you about my excitement for the stars inset into the roof... but it was even better. They dim the cabin lights to slowly phase into night. Going through afternoon, dusk, evening, etc. Check out the lighting system. Not to mention the entertainment that definitely speaks for itself.

Finally arriving in Sydney was a great relief. I was so excited that I was shaking. Customs was quick and the luggage came even quicker. Finally seeing Ash was great; it was bizarre too, I hadn't seen him for so long. Now my new life can begin!

Sydney's been nice. Warm, a little too humid, but warmer than home :P I got a mild cold and been rather jet lagged for the past few days so we haven't done too much. I have however gotten a new mobile number, which I feel solidifies my presence here. Today we even bought dishware and a few other things for the apartment. Very productive!

Sadly I have no pictures as of yet, but they will be coming. Tomorrow is my first big day out meeting people and seeing the sights. It'll be Australia Day! We are even going to try to be near the Opera House when google takes a very high resolution picture. Aparently it will be of such high quality that you could easily find yourself. Please note, I will be standing under my infamous red McGill umbrella.

That's all for now, I'm off to battle the urge to sleep until at least 10pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home