Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Such an eventful Monday

Today was one of recovery, I sadly woke up early and had trouble going back to sleep. Even then the 10 am shuttle was rough times getting to. Oh well, life happens as someone recently reminded me.
In that happening life today had a few highlights. Firstly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!
Today's a big one... 60. And what else would proper daughters do but get his lawn coated in plastic farm animals for all the world to see?! Now everyone knows, and hey you're only as old as you feel and you can still run a couple miles a day, so I wouldn't worry too much. Plus, who can really be unhappy about a birthday that kicks off the official season of spring... truly, I am jealous.
Next, my grandfather John's surgery was bumped up over a week to today. It's gonna be rough when he wakes... having part of your lungs removed can do that to a person... but it's all up hill from there. Lots of love out to you both.
With so much happening and it only being a Monday I figured I'll end this on a lighter note. Anthony informed me today of an incredible discovery he made... chocolate. This stuff is fair trade and raises money towards projects that benefit endangered species. So visit the page, buy a bar and save a big furry tiger. Besides they have the best web address ever; http://www.chocolatebar.com

2 Comments:

At March 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling Sara
Have just read your diary, your Mum showing me how to! John is much better this morning, he phoned us at 8.30 telling us not to forget the Globe and Mail when we visit this pm!Loved your Greek photos, and have one of you with the lovely Greek soldier on our mantlepiece! Lots of love Nana and John!XXXXXX

 
At March 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sara!
I'm not really sure what to say, but Hi! Tony (your uncle; mi padre) sent me a link to your blog site in hopes that we could get in touch. Its been a while, so I don't really know where to start, so I guess I'll jump right in. When did you go to Greece? Where did you go? Jason, my partner/boyfriend/dude I spend all my time with/ etc etc, and I are traveling around the general Balkans area right now and might be popping down into Greece...we will see how things go. Right now we are in Belgrade, but so far we have been to Ljubljana (Slovenia), Sarajvo and Mostar (both Bosnia i Hercegovina). Our plans right now are to travel through Serbia to Bulgaria, and then hit Romania on our way back to Graz, which is where we fly out of. If you would like get reaquainted my email is fancy_crayoons@yahoo.ca. Hope all is going well. Your cousine, Kristine. (hugs and kisses)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home